Mom’s new Jacket
It’s done – YEA! Below are process steps. The corally texture fabric is actually gores from an 8 gore skirt of mine that I had decided I didn’t want any longer – thus found it in my ‘coral box’ of stash fabric. Note that I’m accenting the left shoulder as I look at it. The first step was covering and growing the back yoke with silk doupionni.
See in the 2nd photo that I’d cut it on the bias, and chevroned the grain up and out at the shoulders.
For ‘trim’ I layered several strips of bias cut silk irridescent douponni and after stitching down the center, then ‘roughed’ up the edges with this great Chenille Brush.
Here, then are close-up shots of the final creation. See that I continued the very dark purple that edged the center front and hem, on around the neckline. The ‘collar’ is the original lower ribbing of the sweatshirt – ala my Transformed Pattern.
This shot of the front shows how great the Crone Art button works with my color scheme! A ponytail elastic band is anchored to the inside of the right front to close the jacket around this great button. This jacket went together quite easily – I only spent 2 real sessions of about 2-3 hours each on it.
I like it – so hope my Mom will as well. If not – I’ll make her another and this will be a good sample.
Just had an email this morning from a customer who purchased my DVD in Houston at Quilt Festival and said she’d made several jackets – YEA!