Stretch Lace for Creative Sewing Fun
STRETCH LACE on display at JoAnn’s Fabrics today made my creative heart go ‘pitter patter’.
Tis a good thing I was ‘on a mission’ and on my way OUT of the store, or a cut of the aqua bolt would likely have come home to ‘age’ in my stash – AND it was 30% off of $21.99! Why did these tempt me? Feast your eyes – then read my ideas below… IDEAS for STRETCH LACE
- Full T-Shirt or Tunic Top. Feminine, indeed – so how about scooping out the shoulder for the ‘naked shoulder look that remains popular this year. See my post on Naked Shoulders HERE.
- To line a lace top with shape and style – check out how I did that for my daughter at THIS POST.
- How about a soft, flirty sleeve like the Angel Sleeve as I teach you how to draft in my Captivating Cowls Pattern...(see the periwinkle top) below.
- To add length to a top making it a tunic, or just longer… add either a Band, a Flounce at the hemline or godets at the sides, using directions from my NEW pattern: Trendy Tunic Tops.
- How about a complete jacket like this one I saw Snoop Shopping? I especially love this lace that was at JoAnn’s for $29.99 – yet with a 30% discount – not bad at all really! I truly believe you CAN still save money when you sew. Shop smart – like just today, and with an additional 20% off regular AND Sale prices, that pulls this lace down to: $16.79/yard and i think 1.75 yards would do it – making this lace top just $29.38.
VOGUE PATTERN LACE FOCUS
Lace is ALL OVER Vogue patterns – both in their current new patterns, and the current Vogue Patterns Magazine.
To close – I’ll share what I said at my appearance at the St. Louis American Sewing Guild last weekend. Don’t just lament that Jo-Ann’s is the only fabric store in your town. Rather, GO there and look! Learn good fabrics and let your fingers do the feeling before you buy. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Let me know what you think regarding sniffing out the good fabrics at JoAnn’s! Have you made anything of lace for Spring/Summer 2018? Is sewing lace in your plans? Comment below!
Hello! first time to my (Londa’s) Blog?
BONUS – you’ll receive a FREE video on how a wonderful factory-trained Polish woman taught me to set in sleeves!
I love to get to know sewing fashionistas and share our sewing adventures together!