Feel like a ‘Dressed Up’ gal in these casual days…
OK – amongst a very frustrating day – note my VERIZON post a bit ago – I needed to feel GOOD. So I ‘dressed up’ for an appointment with my patent attorney this afternoon ….
I have on:
- Deep Teal camisole for COLOR
- Topped with WHITE – yes – WHITE shirt from Coldwater Creek as a ‘jacket’. It has 3/4 length sleeves, a stand up wing type collar. I haven’t had a WHITE shirt for AGES. Was taught – and still believe that ‘you shouldn’t wear a white whiter than your eyes (mine are pretty bloodshot these days), or your teeth (well, I did have some cosmetic work done, but didn’t go for ‘Chicklet’ white)… but it feels smart, snappy – and I LIKE IT! That’s the bottom line – if you feel GOOD in what you’re wearing!
- My Coldwater Creek dark JEANS (that amazingly FIT my curvy ample ‘behind’ and smaller waist) in which I pressed front and back creases.
- Added silver earrings with bit of Teal in them and a groovy (is that a current word?) chain type belt.
- AND – I think this is real important- I put on HEELS! I can’t tell you how much better, more confident, more dressed up I feel in HEELS~! These are sandals – and a chunky 2″ heel (new), but they make the difference between feeling frumpy and feeling dressed up – at least to my soul!
So – that’s my ‘fashion advice’ for the day. Oh – and I have to tell Dear Daughter that the current IN STYLE magazine says it is A-OK to wear denim with denim – as long as it is different, and doesn’t look like you tried to match it. Lots of ‘stars’ are doing that – and photos there to prove it.