Observations On the Road
On the road now since Feb. 2 – been to Denver where I was treated to being hosted by and helped by Jo Ann – a wonderful customer from my old retail storefront days who is now located in Fort Collins.
The Rusty Barn Sewing Expo in Denver at the Merchandise Mart was my first real ‘educated’ effort at flying to a show and having a booth/teaching, etc. Worked quite well – and I’m so humbled by the generous reaction to my Creative Sweatshirt Jackets .
As gals asked “WHAT is a ‘Talking Pattern’ and I explained it as (I could say this in my sleep…!) “As I design and stitch a jacket, I take a photo of every step of the process. THEN, I actually record a verbal tutorial to go with each step. That then – the photo of each step, and my ‘telling you what to do (or not do!)’ for each step of the jacket creation is what you have access to online at the dedicated special website for each ‘Talking Pattern” as it is given to you in the pattern booklet when you purchase it from me.” It was so much fun to see a big GRIN come across their face – and they say, “Well, I guess I COULD do it then…”!!!
Common sentiment was ‘please return in July’ – so I just need to orchestrate fitting this into my schedule – and hopefully along with a Colorado Vacation for my hubby and I for second week in July, 2010.
Thanks to all of you in Denver area for your warm reception!
I’m now on my way to do a 3 day presentation and workshops for the Corpus Christi, TX ASG guild…that will be a ball!
Along the way…travel observations:
1. I need a travel scale to know when my bags are at that 50 lb. limit!
2. I need to buy some back-up locks for my suitcases, as the airports love to just cut them off!
3. The BEST place to get your shoes looking like NEW is at an airport by those shoe shine manifico guys!
4. Whoever has the solutuion to sleeping well in strange beds and motels – PLEASE let me know! i just pray I sleep more than I think I do~!
5. I was the lone “COLTS” fan on the airplane as it landed at Houston right before the Super Bowl. Here I sit – chatting with a stranger – now a friend as the Super Bowl begins.
6. Colorado has a secret! 360 days of sunshine a year – more than Miami or San Diego! MUCH more temperate here than I ever imagined in February.