Shirting Combo Top
I bought these 3 lovely shirting fabrics on a trip to the Memphis area with some friends. I knew I wanted to ‘mix & play’ with them on a Big Shirt but just hadn’t gotten around to it.
In the next photo, you can see the pattern cover of the pattern I basically used: Vogue 1784. The right front has an interesting tuck/pleat in it – but I changed that out to a seam for my fabric play. I also divided the sleeves up and changed the grain of the upper part to bias for wearing comfort. A few other changes along the way I made, PLUS I’ll share here some faults with the pattern so that if you are inspired to give a big shirt like this a whirl, you’ll not have all the challenges that I did!
To read the complete blog post, including pattern fixes, hop over to my New Blog at this link: